In facilitating dialogues in the past, we have found it useful to provide some guidelines for the group. Here are the guidelines for our discussion—both here on the blog and in person at the meeting.
– Listen fully and respectfully to one another
– Be aware of the air—make spaces for all voices to be heard
– Maintain a spirit of inquiry and curiosity about the topic and one another
– Acknowledge differing life experiences based on social identity and social status
– Seek first to understand—ask questions to clarify, not to debate
– Remember that you are free to change your mind at any time